Thursday 14 April 2022

Is your lawyer sympathetic?

Separation and divorce are life-altering events.  Emotional highs and lows are most always unavoidable.  It is crucial, at this time, to have faith in your lawyer. Do you trust that professional to help you navigate through these turbulent times.

Every family situation is unique and every party is unique.  As a Lawyer and Family Mediator, it is imperative that the path choose for my clients is well thought out, having regard not only to the adults, but the children, too.  With my clients, we evaluate the pros and cons of mediating the issues and negotiating a fair settlement, prior to resorting to a more litigious course of action.
For me, seeing spouses work through their differences and reach resolution is extremely rewarding.

While no one can ever walk in the shoes of another, having personally gone through the journey of divorce, when my three children were very young, I possess a heightened sense of empathy that I pass on to clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment